New leaks reveal how hollow Apple's claims of fighting for user privacy are. We discuss their scheme to monetize the downturn.
Plus, why we've never seen an App blow it as severely as Telegram is right now, and Electron's Flash moment.
Support Coder Radio
- CoderRadioMascot on Twitter — I want to remind you that we have strict labor laws in Europe. I don't think denying a mascot it's vacation is legal. I consider founding the first podcast mascot union to make sure podcast mascot's rights are respected and not eradicated.
- Workplace Productivity: Are You Being Tracked? - The New York Times — Across industries and incomes, more employees are being tracked, recorded and ranked. What is gained, companies say, is efficiency and accountability. What is lost?
- Archive.org: The Rise of the Worker Productivity Score — Now digital productivity monitoring is also spreading among white-collar jobs and roles that require graduate degrees. Many employees, whether working remotely or in person, are subject to trackers, scores, “idle” buttons, or just quiet, constantly accumulating records. Pauses can lead to penalties, from lost pay to lost jobs.
- Stof's thoughts on tabs or Spaces — Essentially, tabs are idealistic and would win any argument not based on real world 'not caring' of humans, so in reality spaces win, but how many spaces is a better question! I wonder what the audience would say about 2 spaces?
- West Coast Crew Chat — Join our west coast locals chan room.
- Want to join us at JPL? — Put your name in the hat, just be sure you can be there Sept 29th!
- Researchers Find Vulnerabilities in Software Underlying Discord, Microsoft Teams, and Other Apps — Aaditya Purani, one of the researchers who found these vulnerabilities, said that “regular users should know that the Electron apps are not the same as their day-to-day browsers,” meaning they are potentially more vulnerable.
- RCE Vulnerability found in Electron — This occurs because of the way ElectronJS is designed and is a fundamental design issue within the framework. (ElectronJs