- Dr Brian of London about his work on Podping and Hive.
- Genevieve Hassan about her podcast Celebrity Catch Up: Life After That Thing I Did
- Sounds Profitable en Español starts today, as Bryan Barletta explains in Sounds Profitable with Podsights. The podcast adtech newsletter will be translated and produced using technology from Veritone MARVEL․ai: and so will the Sounds Profitable en Español podcast, with Bryan sounding as if he speaks Spanish fluently… but he doesn’t.
- Using the same synthetic voice technology, you can hear James Cridland, speaking Spanish (he doesn’t speak it either) in our podcast today. It’s quite a thing.
- Exclusive: Spotify is closing in on Apple Podcasts and indie podcast apps are becoming less popular, according to new data released to Podnews by Podtrac today. Calculated from over a billion US podcast downloads in September, for monthly audience, Spotify is now less than three percentage points away from Apple. But, for monthly streams/downloads, Apple is more than seven times larger - and that number’s growing.
- Facebook has launched an “Audio” hub on their mobile apps, including podcasts and live audio rooms. You’ll find it in the “Watch” tab (obviously). It’s available only within the US.
- Spotify have released their first UK video podcast, which can be watched on the app itself. Internet Sensation is already a popular podcast series by ImAllexx, and it's becoming a Spotify exclusive - are Spotify attempting to take on YouTube? Watch now >>
- Spotify has launched two new shows about Spotify this month. Spotify: Mic Check launches on Oct 19 with “intimate conversations with musicians and podcasters from around the world, sharing exclusive recordings and personal stories in their own words”.
- We’re told that the other, Spotify: Discover This, is brand new and launches today, though you’ll spot 11 episodes that have been published in the past year. It promises fresh insights on music, podcasting, cultural moments, and trends.
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more