- Nick Hilton, CEO Podot with NEW Podcast " The Town That Knew Too Much"
- Zach Moreno & Rock Felder Co-Founders of Squadcast.FM
- Jemily Rime, BBC R&D (email@example.com)
1. Exclusive: Do podcast apps use your podcast’s description to help people find new shows? Should you put your guest’s name in your episode title? Which apps search which bits of your RSS feed? Three weeks in the making, Mark Steadman from podcast studio Origin has catalogued what every big podcast app indexes, and how to help listeners find your podcast.
2. The winners were announced for the British Podcast Awards 2021. We have a full list: Fearne Cotton won the Podcast Champion award for her efforts to open up the mental health conversation, and the Podcast of the Year was awarded to VENT Documentaries.3.
3. Podnews has implemented the Podchaser API on our podcast pages, bringing back ratings and creators.
4. Netflix has hired its first Head of Podcasts, N’Jeri Eaton. She had been Head of Content, Apple Podcasts for a year; and prior to that spent four years at NPR
5. The Podcasting 2.0 team this week have been working on cross-platform comments for podcast episodes
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more
Podcast recording made simple. The easiest way to record podcasts in studio quality from anywhere.