I'm joined by guests Jack Dorsey, Fiatjaf and William Casarin to discuss Nostr 🤙
- 00:01:56 What is Nostr?
- 00:03:24 State of development for Nostr
- 00:04:16 What attracted Jack to Nostr?
- 00:06:11 NVKs initial thoughts on Nostr
- 00:07:03 Nostr versus "competitors"
- 00:13:42 The simplicity of the Nostr protocol
- 00:18:00 How does Nostr work?
- 00:21:19 NIPs and maintaining Nostr
- 00:22:50 What is Nostr seeking to solve?
- 00:32:21 Nostr relationship with Bitcoin
- 00:43:10 Nostr use cases
- 01:11:14 Key management
- 01:17:16 Cryptography and encryption
- 01:19:40 Exploring unique use cases
- 01:24:12 Experimenting with new technology
- 01:25:17 Simplicity of Nostr and scaling applications
- 01:28:01 Micro apps and realising creative concpets
- 01:34:03 Scaling up and censorship resistance
- 01:40:03 How does Nostr win?
- 01:56:57 Final thoughts and what people can do to help Nostr
Links & Contacts:
- Website: https://bitcoin.review/Podcast
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bitcoinreviewhq
- NVK Twitter: https://twitter.com/nvk
- Telegram: https://t.me/BitcoinReviewPod
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nostr & LN:⚡email@example.com (not an email!)
Full show notes: https://bitcoin.review/podcast/episode-18/