- Oscar Merry - talks about Fountain App (clips, boostergrams and chapters)
- Alex Jacobi - talks about OPAF (Open Podcast Analytics Format)
- In a client note, Richard Kramer, an analyst from Arete Research has criticised Spotify.
- Our Editor asked Spotify for all his personal data, to discover Spotify knows what kind of car he drives, and what length podcast he prefers - and why Spotify will never know as much as Apple or Google.
- Meanwhile, 9to5Mac says Spotify falls short as a podcast app. (Hasn’t stopped it from being #1 in many markets).
- The number of podcasts in Spanish grew 6.8 times last year, according to iVoox.
- Simplecast founder and CEO Brad Smith has been promoted he’s been named Head of Podcast Products for SiriusXM.
- "Podcasting Killed the Radio Star" - River Radio, a radio station in the UK, is working with podcast company Whooshkaa to be a “podcast-first radio station”. The station has around twenty subject-focused hour-long shows.
- Moon lets you transfer sats into a single-use VISA card
- JustCast now supports value4value and soundbites