- Podcasting is "an ideal tool to inject false or misleading information into mainstream discourse while going undetected", according to research from Valerie Wirtschafter
- The Australian High Court found that, by running the Facebook pages, the media groups participated in communicating defamatory material posted by third parties and were therefore responsible for the comments.
- Apple has been forced to allow media apps to link to websites for payment. The change should allow simpler methods to pay for third-party content that isn’t subject to Apple’s 30% commission. The new policy takes effect in early 2022.
- RedCircle has landed $6m in funding. The company monetises podcasts, selling host-read ads or programmatic advertising, as well as a method of selling podcast subscriptions.
- In Germany, Alex Jacobi criticises the state of podcast statistics: notably, the lack of standard data export and APIs from podcast hosts for statistics. He has proposed OPAF data exchange standard (Open Podcast Analytics Format).
- Podnews has published its first ranker - the people and companies who we’ve written about over the past 90 days.
- PodNews updated their guide on how to earn value4value from your podcast.
- Twitter has confirmed that it is working on a tipping process using Bitcoin and the lightning network. This is of interest for podcasters because it uses the same technology as value4value listening, including 'boosts’. “If every Twitter user has a lightning wallet, the listener onboarding problem gets solved overnight,” said Podcast Index’s Dave Jones.
- Podcast consultant Dave Jackson’s wonderful new Podcast ‘Leading The Bleeding’ talks
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more
Podcast recording made simple. The easiest way to record podcasts in studio quality from anywhere.