The list of large-scale Bitcoin only events is growing all over the world, but we didn’t have one in Australia. Until now.
Frustrated by the time and expense required to attend the conferences overseas, Chris, Dylan and Jess have decided to put that right.
On Saturday, 15th of April 2023, Bitcoin Alive will make its debut. A single day conference at the Roundhouse, Sydney ( www.arc.unsw.edu.au/roundhouse ), Bitcoin Alive will “bring together Australia’s Bitcoin community for a day of the highest quality Bitcoin content from the best minds in Bitcoin from both Australia and overseas”.
We sat down with Chris and Dylan to find out more about their motivations and plans for the day. We discussed:
- Why we need a Bitcoin conference in Australia
- Who the event is pitched at
- Event management experience
- The value of meeting bitcoiners face-to-face
- Providing a platform for the bitcoiner talent in Australia
- Date, Location, Venue Capacity, 20+ Speakers
- 900-seat main stage, keynote presentations, VIP area, breakout rooms, panels, fireside chats and beer garden
- Fitting in to the circuit of global Bitcoin events and adding an Aussie spin with satellite events
- Risks involved and work required
- Timescales for announcement of Speakers and Costs (sign up for Presale Tickets)
- Swell reports from Coogee Beach
- Support from and giving back to the Bitcoin community
- Sponsorship and maintaining your integrity while staying Bitcoin Only
- Positive/negative feedback and being judged on their Proof of Work
- Not looking at the Bitcoin price for a year (and guessing where we are now)